Seven Things You Should Know…

I think this site was made just for me or with me in mind… The site captured my interest as it talks briefly about 7 things we should know… It describes annual findings which is up to date information. It identifies and describes emerging technologies and the impact they are likely to have on learning and teaching in the higher education.

As a technology teacher, the questions put forward about new learning technologies are ones that I usually ask for personal reasons and also for the benefit of the learners in which I am in charge of. Some of these are: What it is? How does it work? Who’s doing it? Why is it significant? What are the downsides? Where is it going? What are the implications for teaching and learning? These questions are therefore automatic; they naturally come immediate without thinking twice for those with curious minds and interest to technology.

While browsing this site my natural sense was how can I make one of these Techno’s “collaborative and interactive” especially with game base learning approach. Teachers need to see the necessity for creating a learning environment in which technology is used as an intellectual tool which in partnership with the learner function to engender and facilitate critical and higher order thinking. To me this site has the intention for that purpose.

I think many persons including my colleagues will gravitate to this site as it is quite informative, to the point and speak to their professional practice with the rewards and shortcomings of the particular techno. I am indeed happy to say that the reports were made easy to read which is less time consuming and to the point which savors the interest of the reader.

From the inception of technology to its growing use in the developed and developing countries it has revolutionized the way we live, work and learn. This is certainly a learning venture for me as it is a challenge to keep up or to keep abreast with the newest techno’s being offered on the market and I am yet to see them venture here in businesses and learning centers on island with the hope that they are made affordable. From this site it is clear that developing countries like developed countries are constantly changing and schools cannot be committed to traditionalism. Education must change with the times otherwise schools may find that they are pushed out and regarded as useless.

Reference: 7 Things You Should Know About… website: http://www.educause.edu/ELI7Things

Posted in: Uncategorized